Thursday, January 10, 2008

AciPHex does what now?

I wasn't watching the TV when this ad first came on, but I could swear, the man said Ass Effects. Then, I heard some talk about side effects and proton blockers.

When you put it like that, I guess it doesn't have to be about anal distress...

Now, I dunno much about making up words that sound reminiscent of real words to name your car, your drug, or your new telecom company. But, I think it's probably a good idea to make sure no one, no matter how casually they aren't listening, confuses your product with a crap, fart, or hemorrhoid. And if those aren't Ass Effects, I dunno what AciPHex might do.

FWIW: It's apparently a heart burn blocker. I used to suffer, and when I say suffer, I do not mean it lightly. I was literally floored by it a few times, and I had it all the time. The cure? Go sugar free. It works with a side effect of losing weight and killing your sleep apnea too. I think I have fewer ass effects as well. And couldn't everyone do with fewer events you might describe as an ass effect?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe it. How this could have made it through to the public boggles my mind! Good lord, what were they thinking...